We take your privacy very seriously. Please read this policy completely, as it is important that you are fully
aware of the provided data-protection and know about what is done with your personal data when you use our
website (fingerbook, “we”, “our”).
- When you visit the fingerbook-website, various data is automatically collected, like the IP-address (internet protocol address) of your device, your operating system, your browser, the address of a referring website, the time and date of your visit as well as the pages you have visited.
- When you register or order a fingerbook, you provide us more specific personal data. Thereby we save standard data like your name, address, phone number, email address and your address.
Usage of collected data
- We reserve the right to collect and analyze data about your usage behavior. This usage data is not connected in any way to personalized information. This information is solely used to optimize the technologies and services of fingerbook. You can opt-out of our data analysis for market research purposes at any time. Furthermore you can specify that your data must not be used for internal market research, marketing and analysis purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will initiate the necessary steps.
Sharing data & disclosure
- Your personal data will be supplied to a third party for commercial usage only with your explicit agreement.
- We do however reserve the right to share your personal data with our partner companies, which we need to fulfill our production contracts.
- Furthermore we disclose your personal data if we are required to, due to a legal obligation, to preserve our rights (e.g. in case of claims or prosecution) or if it is required due to interests of fingerbook or a third party.
- Your personal data will not be published to private individuals without your explicit agreement. Only exception is the data you add to your user profile. This kind of data is clearly marked as “public profile data” and can be viewed by others on our website. Please see also 5.1.
- Our employees are obliged to the protection of confidential information and to comply with data protection regulations.
- All data is protected against unauthorized access through a firewall as well as additional protective measures and programs. Your account is password-protected; only you have access to it. fingerbook has no access to your personal password. It is protected in the database by one-way encoding, so that we cannot read it there. We can only access your account data.
- All information is processed and stored on the fingerbook servers in a secure data center in Germany under permanent surveillance.
- In case that fingerbook is culpable in using data against the regulations of the data protection law, fingerbook is liable for the consequential damages arising according to the regulations of the law.
- You are responsible for any personal data you enter as part of your public user profile or in postings on the fingerbook-website.
- Please consider carefully which personal data you want to make public in your profile or in postings on the fingerbook-website.
- It is your own responsibility to keep your password and account information safe. Please do not share this information with anyone. If you think that someone else knows your password or has used your account, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting, updating and deleting data
- You can either make your fingerbooks publicly accessible via our gallery or limit the access to a limited number of people by using the personalized link.
- If you want your personal data to be changed or deleted, we’re at your service at any time. Please contact us via email at email@example.com.
- You can delete your fingerbooks at any time. Just go the the “my fingerbooks” page, select the fingerbook you want to delete and then click on the “delete”-link.
Cookies for banner ads
- Cookies are small text files, stored on your computer when you visit our website to help us to identify you on your next visits. In order to give you the best experience possible when using the fingerbook-website, we save cookies with anonymized data on your computer. We never save personal data in a cookie. Furthermore, cookies do not harm your computer and don’t contain any viruses.
- We inform you, that also third parties might store cookies on your device to use them for targeting purposes of advertisements. These cookies enable our partners to display advertisements to you. Every banner ad contains a link to our partner which provides information about how to disable these ads.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Google Analytics uses “cookies”. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such
the appropriate settings on your browser, however please note that if you do this you may not be able
to use the full functionality of this website.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Otherwise you can opt out of the Google Analytics tracking at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of social plugins
- The fingerbook-website uses social plugins of various social networks like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Whenever you load a page of our website that contains such social plugins, your browser will establish a direct connection to the servers of the relevant social networks. The plugins’ contents will be delivered from the servers of the social networks directly to your browser and get included there into the fingerbook-website.
When including the social plugins, the social networks will be able to track that you visited a
certain page on our website. If you are logged in at the social network, the visit of this page might also be
connected with your user profile. Whenever you interact with such a plugin, e.g. by clicking on a “like”-button
or adding a comment, this information will be sent by your browser directly to the social network and
will be saved there.
- Please visit this page frequently to see if this policy has been updated since your last visit. If it has, please read the changes carefully. At the top of this policy you will find the date of our last update.